Who is getting chicks January 21st from Ideal-poultry???????????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by luvchikies, Jan 16, 2009.

1. luvchikies

luvchikies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Im getting mine on the 21st from Ideal hatchery hope they come safe! im scared because they are being shipped wednesday and could arrive thursday or friday and i go to SCHOOL! my mom won't pick them up [​IMG] hope they come like at 5pm so i can go pick them up! im scared if they come on school hrs. because im going to SCHOOL! why me! why me!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Notify the P.O. that they need to call you (do you have a cell phone?) when they come in and go pick them up. Do you drive? sorry, don't know the details....Personally I'd skip out on a class to go get them, especially since no one will help you out. They're babies...and it's probably cold out , although I don't know where you're from..Good luck.

3. chasep

chasep Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2009
    dont worry mine are being shipped on wednesday the 21st and wong get here to friday and ill be at school also

4. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Ideal puts your phone # on the box with a note to call and arrange pick up. Since they're usually sent overnight and arrive at your PO first thing in the morning, expect the call around 7:00 AM. If you're someplace cold, there's a good chance the babies will be freezing in the PO while they wait for you -- I picked up a couple of "Hot Hands" hand warmers to wrap in a towel and put in the box with them on the way home. That helped, but it wasn't enough to really warm all 26 live chicks. It did bring one back from the brink of death. Try to convince your mom to let you be late to school so you can the chicks into a warm brooder as soon as possible. Even if you're in a warm climate it'll still be too cold for them to be left sitting at the PO all day.

5. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    The last time I ordered chicks, the post office called about 5:00 in the morning. Maybe they will come before you leave in the morning. Don't worry to much. I hope all goes well. [​IMG]

6. JustChicky

JustChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2008
    East Texas
    I am expecting chicks on the same day.

Last time I ordered chicks they got here @ 8 am.

7. luvchikies

Jan 6, 2009
    I live in Amarillo, Texas and well next week is TAKS (Texas Assesment of Knowledge and Skills "TAKS") tests and I have to be there so I can take them or I will not be a Sophomore (10th grade) but next week on thursday I will tell them know that i will be going late for school. If they don't arrive like at the time I have to return to school like at 10am well i will plead my mom to pick them up and to do her best BECAUSE she dosen't speak english!. Has anyone here in Amarillo, Texas has order chicks from Ideal-poultry?? if so how many days from the shipping date did they arrive? and at what time?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  8. JustChicky

JustChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2008
    East Texas
    I thought I would get mine overnight because I only live 160 miles NE of Ideal. But it took them 2 days. They stayed overnight in a bigger city around here (Dallas, I guess), then made their way here but not until the next morning. I drove the P.O. lady crazy! [​IMG] [​IMG] All were fine, but they added 9 males as packing peanuts [​IMG] No males this time I hope.

By the way, I never get any mail overnight. Everything takes at least 2 days, idk why everything has to go to Dallas and Tyler first, then my P.O.

I looked how far away Amarillo is, and Google maps said 475 miles. Try not to worry too much. They should be fine. How many did you order?

9. luvchikies

Jan 6, 2009
    *JustChicky* :

I thought I would get mine overnight because I only live 160 miles NE of Ideal. But it took them 2 days. They stayed overnight in a bigger city around here (Dallas, I guess), then made their way here but not until the next morning. I drove the P.O. lady crazy! [​IMG] [​IMG] All were fine, but they added 9 males as packing peanuts [​IMG] No males this time I hope.

By the way, I never get any mail overnight. Everything takes at least 2 days, idk why everything has to go to Dallas and Tyler first, then my P.O.

I looked how far away Amarillo is, and Google maps said 475 miles. Try not to worry too much. They should be fine. How many did you order?

I order 27 girls and 6 boys. Last time I order 25 from Cackle hatchery and they are in Missoury, Lebanon and they only took them about 12 hrs to come, not even a day and Cameron, Texas is closer than what they are. And i forgor about them last time until i got from school like at 4pm and right away the phone ringed and told me to go picked them up. they got shiped at 5am tuesday and arrived at 4pm wednesday so I hope this time they come quicker.​

10. Hen'nbiddies

Hen'nbiddies Out Of The Brooder

Could you write a note for your mom to take to the postoffice and sign it. Maybe then she wouldn't have to talk to anyone to get the chickies. If I were there I would go get them for you. It will work out somehow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by