Who is hatching on the 29TH Hatch with us

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by starryeyes, May 19, 2009.

1. starryeyes

starryeyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    So i have a hova bator with egg turner used it for my first hatch which was just a few weeks ago. I decided i want to kick it up a notch and hatch way more at a time. So got hubby to make me a huge cabnet bator that can hold over 200 eggs. So after 4 or 5 days of working out the kinks it is runing great. Eleven dozen chicken eggs went in some were getting on the old side like a month old so I knew I would loose a bunch plus at the begening we had a temp spike of 106. So two days ago did a major toss had like 4 dozen that were either blood rings are non fertile I was bumed. So even though I swore I would never do a stagered hatch i threw more in 8 silkie eggs which I realy hope are fertile and more sex links. So now I have10 dozen eggs in bator. So 7 doz are 7 dozen are due May 29th. I also have 37 rouen eggs in the hova bator. So anyone who wants to join us post away and share what you are hatching and your progress. Good luck

hi my name is Starry I have a addiction to hatching.

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  2. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    I have a dozen eggs under a broody due to hatch on the 30th. So far at least 10 are thriving, and one of the other 2 is too dark to tell.

3. starryeyes

starryeyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    One of my rouens is sitting on eggs but boy is she mean now. I dont think i could even get close to ck the eggs LOL. So how does that work as far as them eating mine will not leave her nest i put food by her and water. Or maybe she leaves and i dont see her LOl.

keep us posted

Starry

4. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    Mine will go eat and drink. I actually am thinking that it's 2 austrolorpes sitting on them now. Last year I had one go broody, and another became broody toward the end, and both coparented the clutch. It was soo cute seeing to mommies ushering the chicks. I think my second just became broody, so I'm getting her, her own eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by