Who is having the 'Super Bowl' Party?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ScoobyRoo, Jan 31, 2009.

1. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    I'm having one. Marinated pork loins and venison loins then smoked. Yum! Twice baked potatoes with all the good stuff.[​IMG]
    munchies all afternoon and supporting the cute Bud commercials! And drinks of all kinds!

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    That sounds delicious, but, "What's the Super Bowl?" [​IMG] (If you'd said "Stanley Cup Finals," you'd be speaking my language... [​IMG])

Have a great party!

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    We are going to friends they have a bigger house. We make Chili&cornbread and several dips for the party.THe chili is already in the slowcooker.

4. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Quote:I'm not sure;) I just know that you are to have good food and friends with you to enjoy it. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't really know who is playing. My DH is the football nut.

5. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    It'll just be DBF and I and I could care less about football (it's Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals by the way) so I'll be playing on the computer. He is making BBQ'd pulled pork sandwiches (been cooking the meat all day today) and who knows what else.

6. It'll just be DBF and I and I could care less about football (it's Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals by the way) so I'll be playing on the computer.

Hahaha! Kind of same here (and thanks for mentioning who is playing --- except I'll've forgotten again in 10 minutes).
    I'm making lots of Stupor Bowl food tomorrow. Hot wings, little smokies wrapped in whole wheat (my version of pigs-in-a-blanket), egg rolls, and a big platter of fresh veggies and dips.
    I hope someone comes by so Hubby can 'talk football'. I'm blissfully ignorant and except to add an occasional "haha, he fell down, was he supposed to do that?", I can pretty much tune it out.
    I have a question...
    Why do they wait til so late to play?

[​IMG]
    Lisa​

7. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I honestly hate football; just don't understand it and can never figure out where the ball is! Obviously it's a girl thing...I hear that all the time. I love baseball and have come to like basketball (GO CAVS!!!) but that's pretty much where it ends. To DBF, superbowl night is IT.

And you would think they'd put it on at like 1:00...no Desperate Housewives again tomorrow [​IMG]

8. ntiveheart

ntiveheart Chillin' With My Peeps

we're not having a party, per say, but i am gonna cook for the family.
    we usually have MEAT! lots and lots of meat. i don't know why, but it usually works out that way lol
    on tomorrow's menu we have:

hot wings/barbequed wings
    pulled pork sammies
    chicken and cheese taquitos
    swedish meatballs
    ham and cheese pinwheels
    turkey and cheese pinwheels
    a 7 layered mexican dish with taco chips
    chili and cheese dip with fritos
    potato chips with hot spinach dip
    veggie crudite and dip
    deviled eggs
    cream puffs
    chocolate eclairs
    assorted soft drinks

whew! i'm tired already lol

9. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    We normally eat all kinds of junk food all day... you should have seen the lines at Wal-Mart today! [​IMG]

Our party is more a family get-together that is alcohol free.

10. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Oh yeah. That's this weekend.

Think I'll head to Borders to spend my gift card.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by