Who is laying the light green/blue egg?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cindy57, Oct 27, 2011.

1. cindy57

cindy57 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2011
    [​IMG][/URL]]

I have a brown leghorn i know it's not her, I also have a gold laced cochin, a white hen which i believe is a chatacler, then a buff colored hen that i'm not sure what she is.

I also have 3 duck hens, don't think they are laying them.

would love to solve this mystery

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    The egg in the bottom of the picture looks exactly like duck eggs I have seen before. But I assume that you are talking about the one to the right of the pic? If your white is a Chantecler, then your buff is either a true Ameraucana, or an Easter Egger...where did she come from?

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I agree...you have an easter egger in your mix...either your buff or the white. Can you post pics of the two? Does either have greenish or slate legs? Does either have muffs or a beard? Does either have a pea type comb??

4. cindy57

cindy57 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2011
    [​IMG]

This isn't a very good picture of the girls but you can get an idea what they look like. Neither one has a muff or beard.

I got them at Atwoods, where i work last spring. The were assorted pullets.

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I would guess your white bird. Does she have a pea type comb? Any greenish/slate color on her legs?

6. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    Well, the green and bluish-green eggs come from Ameracunas or Easter Eggers but none of your girls look like those. Maybe you have a mutt chicken that is a cross. [​IMG]

7. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    I think both your white and buff look like they have green legs from the pic. Do they? The white one looks like a pea comb too, but it's hard to tell from that angle. Could be an EE.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by