who is laying this egg there are pics

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bella1210, Nov 25, 2010.

1. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    we went out to the coop this morning and found a tint blue egg and we have no easter eggers. all we have are orps, silkes and 1 old blue english so we would like to know witch one would be laying this. here are some pics

this is a pic of the blue egg

[​IMG]

the one on the left is the blue egg the one in the middle is the white store brought egg and the one on the right is the egg we have been getting from or orps

[​IMG]

2. Jajika

Jajika Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2007
    Northern California
    This is a puzzle? Are you sure none of your chickens is not a mixed breed?

Another way to try and solve this is to catch the chickens sitting on the next and peek underneath?

Have fun and keep us posted.

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    You're SURE of your breeds? Can we see photos of them? Do any of them have a pea comb? (three rows of little bumps)

4. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:Sure you don't have crossbreeds? And by the way, it's spelled "which". You spelled it like an evil witch flying on a broomstick [​IMG]

5. firsthouse_mp

firsthouse_mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    NorthernCal
    Wouldn't be surprised if one of the BO is really an EE (or a mix). I have one buff colored EE who lays the most blue of the eggs. She is all white/light and has greenish legs. Do any of your chickens have greenish legs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by