who is laying those eggs........

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kkumar, Sep 14, 2007.

1. kkumar

kkumar New Egg

Sep 14, 2007
    i have 4 pullets, one of them has started laying and i am trying to find out who laid..i have three white leghorns, one barred rock in this batch..

in addition to these i have 3 more barred rocks, 1 aracauna, 2 bantams......thanks for ideas..i have a bet going with me daughter and she is hell bent of finding out who laid the first egg..[​IMG]

2. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    give us a pic or at least describe the egg if its white I vote leghorn, are they all the same age?

3. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    My chicks are only 10 days old (but who's counting? [​IMG]) and reading everyone's posts about eggs has me excited for them to start laying!! [​IMG]

4. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Well - Barred Rocks lay brown eggs and Leghorns lay white eggs ... So, what color was the egg?

You may be able to look at the vent of the chickens and find the one with the largest, moistest vent and make a guess that way.

Otherwise - you just have to catch them in the nest ... that's what we ended up doing to find our first layer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by