1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Who is laying what?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Feather Dust, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Feather Dust

Feather Dust Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2008
    Medford,NJ
    I have Chickens and Guineas...and I'm trying to figure out if I'm getting chicken eggs or guinea. I have one egg that comes out much harder then the rest. In fact I gave it to a friend be fore I new about it, and she asked me who was laying rocks? And said I should call her Roxy. Anyway I thought I figured out that it was my White Langshan. I only have one of them, and I was only getting one hard egg. A couple of days ago, I saw a Guinea laying in the same spot. I haven't seen any Guinea eggs since it got cold, and they weren't laying in the coop. So I was just wondering if there was anyone out there that might have a Longshan, and could tell me if they lay harder eggs? It is a brown egg, medium to small, and pointed. I have been collecting them all week, and will try to incubate them. So we'll see what comes out. [​IMG]
    Thanks for the input!

2. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Guinea eggs have very hard shells. they are also shaped a little differently-narrow at the small end-kund of like a rounded triangle.
    Yours sounds like a Guinea egg.

3. Feather Dust

Feather Dust Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2008
    Medford,NJ
    Thanks NYREDS,
    I think your right. I'm going to put them in the bator tonight, and find out! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by