Who is laying white eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by churchx3, Sep 23, 2010.

1. churchx3

churchx3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Georgia
    Ok so I have New Hampshire, Buff O's, Cinnamon Queen, Black Sexlinks, Red Sexlinks, Barred Rocks, and EE's... The white eggs are smaller so I believe they belong to the EE's....what's up with that? I bought 9 EE's for the blue/green egg color, waited 6 months and now they are laying white eggs??? Will this change?? They were McMurray chicks....I am disappointed to say the least.

2. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    EE's are a mix of breeds with ameraucana, so they may lay green or blue eggs, but they can also lay all sort of other colors, because of the different blood in them, don't worry tho if you bought 9 EEs one is meant to lay blue or green that's almost 90% of the case, also the comb has to do a lot with the color of the egg, usually a pea comb means blue egg, while a straight comb means brown or other color of egg.

3. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    Strange--I bought MM EE's for years and never got anything but blue or olive colored eggs. Granted some were very pale but never what I'd classify as "white" . It would make my younger daughter mad that she had to buy store eggs to color for Easter.

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Yeah, I read somewhere here in this forum that EE's can lay just about any color egg. Mine lays a dull blue/green colored egg.

5. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Look to see if anybody has a white earlobe, its not always the case but if you see 1 then you know the culprit.

6. Rocky Top Chick

Rocky Top Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    North Carolina
    My EE lays a white egg, three others lay green. I know what you mean about disappointment. I was.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by