Who is Texas Poultry on BidBird?

huckleberryfarm

Chickenista
10 Years
Jan 7, 2010
Greenwood, SC
I emailed them and asked if they were a hatchery or did their stock come from a hatchery and got an evasive answer. I'm sure they are but just wanted to confirm. Has anyone bought from them? What quality birds did you get? Thanks!

They are the middleman or hatchery. Breeders should not be evasive about the information you are asking. If they don't answer your questions, go to the next breeder.

Last edited:
I e-mailed them asking the origin of one of their flocks. They responded they get their chicks from which ever hatchery has them available for your chosen ship date.
Jim

I thought they were a drop shipper, so the last post here makes sense. I'm not sure if they raise any birds on their property.

most likly not... drop shipping seems to be the norm any more...seems like if you dig enough you'll find out most all " hatcheries" are just drop shippers any more from Ideal, Mc Murray or Stromberg. Just go to them and be done with it if you want hatchery birds.

Even they are doing it too though now, McMurray and Stromberg dont have all those wild turkeys, peafowl, waterfowl, pheasants and exotics, they are all drop shipped. Shoot even saw a dad gum Kukaburrow on Strombergs I think it was, and Purple marsh hens??? Why bother, be a chicken duck hatchery and leave all these specialty birds to people who know how to care for them???

Back
Top Bottom