Who is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by aidenbaby, Apr 26, 2009.

1. aidenbaby

aidenbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    I know that some people out there like to say, "Oh, they are all my favorite. blah, blah, blah." I know that secretly everyone has a favorite chick or chook though. Who is yours?

Mine is the darker of my two EE's. She is confident and isn't scared of any of us. Last night, we had the first one on one time with her in a week and she STILL settled down like we'd been snuggling the whole time.

2. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 2 favorites. They're usually the weaker ones that end up surprising me. I give them lots of attention because I want to see them thrive. The first one is an ameraucana that hatched Wednesday morning. It came out of my smallest egg. I've named it Miracle.

[​IMG]

The second is a little silkie that had curled toes. It took a few days to fix the problem and get him walking normally again. He's a month old now and doing awesome!! He's only a few days old in this pic.

[​IMG]

Sonja

3. HippieHomesteader

HippieHomesteader Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2009
    Stuart, VA
    Ophelia is my little buddy - the closest I have to a favorite, I guess. Whenever I opened the brooder, she would hop out and sit on my knee, and now she always comes to cuddle with me when I hang out in the coop. She's very curious and not very food driven, so she's out exploring when the rest of the babies are pigging out!

This picture was about a week and a half ago, and she looks like a turd, but I love it!
    [​IMG]

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I am not sure yet. I got this tiny little serama cockerel , a self blue dutch banty who i can old like a baby and a showgirl that is so ugly that its cute again in the running. All have unique things that make the cute. The little serama as an example hopped from my hand onto my shoulder yesterday. The SBD is so friendly and patient and the SG well its a SG.

5. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Quote:OK, you can just box up that top chick and send it my way. OMWord, it's sooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] LOVE the fluffy little face.

My favorite is my little EE pullet, Ruby. She's so sweet and such a good sport--I'll have to dig up the pic of her at 3 weeks old "painting" a quilt block for my mother. My mom and her friend are making a quilt in a chicken theme as a gift for another friend and they needed an unusual block for the center. Well, they had the idea of having one of my chicks walk across the fabric with her feet dipped in paint. Ruby graciously volunteered and the quilt is coming along beautifully! [​IMG]

6. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Quote:"Miracle" that's a precious name.

7. amyc

amyc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Jefferson, Wisconsin
    My favorite has got to be little Cookie - our mystery bird, we have no idea what she is. She was the lone survivor of a dog atttack, so she spent a lot of one on one time with me (she wasn't injured, just lonely).

I also really like my new EEs that I got yesterday, one little one jumped right up in my hand right away wanting to snuggle. But then there's also the SLW and GLW, and the BR and BO.

Who am I kidding - I can't pick a favorite, they're all so darn sweet.

8. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Our 5 year old Flock Queen. She' a feed store EE, still lays an egg a day. Thinks she is a mechanic and hangs in my husbands shop with the guys, and lay in front of the wood stove in winter with her "toes" stretched out to it.

9. chwoey

chwoey Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    My favourite of the chicks is a little cutie named sweetpea. She is not photogenic(none of my chicks are).
    She loves to curl up and sleep in my hair and I think its adorable.

My favourite chicken is named sweety(before she was called meany). She got attacked by my dog and i had to keep her in a different area while she was getting better. She ended up LOVING me after that and now she follows me everywhere and is a big baby.
    [​IMG]

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    It used to be Lil' Bit, she needed me so much as a youngin' due to her partial blindness. Now she is my roo's favorite and he watches out for her.
    My long term favorite is Lilith. Not a week goes by that she doesn't have some kind of crisis and needs extra attention. I'm beginning to think she's a chicken drama queen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by