1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

who just loves their pots and pans.. RESULTS!!! pg 5

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by smom1976, Dec 1, 2008.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    my DH and I are going to get a new set of pots and pans for each other for xmas.

who just loves their pots and pans.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  2. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Quote:Oooooohhhhh I been wanting one of those enameled cast iron pots!!! I love kitchen gadgets - right now I am searching for a new frying pan - so many of them are just junk, it's hard to find a good frying pan, and I don't necesarily want regular cast iron.

I have two frying pans, one of which my son killed (it is non stick - or WAS, rather) by putting it on the heat while he was preparing his eggs to go into the pan - with no oil or spray or anything, just put it on dry high heat for who knows how long.

I like a good heavy bottom on my fryers - since I have a stoopid electric stove. ...mumble grumble.....electric stoves suck.....

But, I would by pass the fryer if hubby would cough up the cash for one of those enamled cast iron babies - those are so pretty and shiney and heavy....

meri

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2008
  3. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Oh I just love mine, I got them at a outlet in Williamsburg VA last summer. They are Iron Chef brand, not sure where else they sell them. I got 1 Frying pan that is 18 inches. Got to love the big frying pans. They don't stick, are very good quality, have good weight to them, and thick bottoms for even heating. I would try to find a outlet if possible, lot more for the money. I also have a set of Revereware copper bottomed pots and pans that are very nice.

4. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    well, i dont love mine, so i am advising you to stay away from cuisinart pots and pans. i got mine about a year ago, and they non stick is already wearing away, and i only use rubber utensils. i am going to start collecting cast iron and enamel. from now on, non stick belongs only on my cookie sheets.

5. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

Oh I LOVE my pan - I only have one that I use for EVERYTHING including boiling pasta. I bought an oval 7 QT Anolon Advanced pan w/lid 2 years ago on sale for $89.00 (was reg. $140.00) and I use it for everything. It can go into the oven up to 450 and is deep enough that I can roast a large oven-roaster chicken in it complete with all the veggies! [​IMG] I also use it to do everything else in too - the only other pan I own is a large pasta pot (when I make large batches of soups/stews and a smaller sauce pot. Everything else is done in this pot/pan (which is why I didnt mind spending the $ on it).

Its heavy like cast iron, nothing sticks to it and nothing flakes off of it, it sears like stainless, best of all worlds! Looks like a frying pan crossed with a deep cooking pot.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  6. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    Well don't get "Cooks Essentials" from QVC. The pans stick like crazy. The pots are nice though. I paid over $100 for the set.
    Went to Walmart and got 2 non stick pans for under $25 and their the best I ever had. I just wished they had lids to match.

7. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I love cookware! My two favourites are Le Creuset and All-Clad. They aren't cheap, but you'll never buy another one. I gave up non-stick about a year ago and bought a Le Creuset frying pan. It's amazing. A little spritz of canola or a bit of butter and fried eggs come out perfectly.

8. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

kinnip... I'm jealous [​IMG] Those are awesome pans indeed! I want those for my birthday *sighs*

9. Royicus

Royicus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    Western Oregon
    I'm pretty particular about pots and pans as well. Funny thing is, I don't like to cook [​IMG] I don't even like eating!

10. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I prefer the T-fal pans. I put towels between them in the cupboard to protect the surface. They're awsome and you can't MAKE anything stick.

I too hate electric stoves.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by