Who Knew Chickens Love Green Beans SO MUCH?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ndemerly, Oct 7, 2010.

1. ndemerly

ndemerly Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Owosso, MI
    I had a couple of bean plants left in the garden that had some big old beans on them, like to the point when they just taste terrible. So, I threw them into my hens, and they didn't really do anything but I broke them in half and got the seeds out and threw them in and they went CRAZY for them. I don't know maybe it's just my chickens, anyone else expericence this? And would they eat the dried planting seeds?

2. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    haven't tried green beens but mine love peas,caned, frozen or fresh [​IMG]

3. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Yep mine love green beans and peas, I plant emn a plot of each along with their favorite yellow pear tomatoes so they get fresh veggies all season long.

4. Lovable Chicks

Lovable Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    I got some green beans from a friend and yes...mine went crazy over the seeds but eventually ate the outside too. They actually got the seeds out themselves...was fun watching them.

5. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    Try letting them into your garden next year when the bean are just ready and see if they like them.[​IMG] Been there, done that.

6. Bookho52

Bookho52 New Egg

Jul 30, 2010
    Texas
    Mine like any kind of lettuce best. They eat almost any produce that I share with them, but lettuce is tops.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by