Who knew chickens were so smart, LOL

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by werblessd1s, Sep 5, 2008.

1. werblessd1s

werblessd1s Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    NORTH FLORIDA
    My parents dogs mangled 2 of their chickens, so Mom has been keeping them in the house in a big plastic bin, while nursing their wounds. It's been about 2 weeks now and they are well enough for her to let outside for some exercise and scratching. Anyhoo, it was getting dusk outside and she heard this awful banging and scratching on the sliding glass door yesterday. She went to look and it was the 2 chickens. She opened the door and they walked right on in the kitchen, she picked them up and put them in their bin. They have got so used to being in the house they don't want to leave, LOL. [​IMG]

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    O thats funny. [​IMG]

3. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    it's true. animals know where they are supposed to be. or where they want to be. lol. life is good.

4. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Haha; Mine realizes she's safer inside, too. Some nights, though, it's cooler outside than in the house at dusk and she's obstinate, flapping and trying to climb outta my hands when I pick her up. . . Others though, she must sense a cat or critter-- I'll say, "Chook, You want in now??" and she scrambles to me like her tail's afire!!

5. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Oh No, That is just too funny! [​IMG]
    I've had my laugh for the day, I needed it after just reading a post stating that we are going to be having a Cold Heavy wet snow winter, Yeck! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG] No, they aren't stupid! I threw some noodles out the kitchen window ONCE... and now when I stand at the kitchen sink, I have a bunch of eyeballs staring at me, waiting for food to fling out the window!

7. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Ohh!! I want to train mine to come in at night!! [​IMG] My husband would kill me [​IMG]

8. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:It's not hard. Just shake a can of scratch!!

9. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    [​IMG] Animals are just to funny! When I look at chickens especialy, I know God has a sense of humor. We ended up with a rooster in the suburbs, so he has to come in at night. Every once in a while he will walk all the way down the driveway and sit by the backdoor waiting for someone to let him in [​IMG] Now that they have discovered the tree though, he prefers to sleep up there. We have to climb the ladder every night to get them down. One of these days I'm gonna break my neck all for some stupid chickens! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  10. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Think ya might want to clip a wing? [​IMG] Save you all those trips up a ladder!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by