Who Knows of Great Ways to Kick a Football?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TheGoldenRoo, Jan 18, 2010.

1. TheGoldenRoo

TheGoldenRoo A Crazy and Fun Chicken

Oct 15, 2009
    ND
    OK, so I know the basics but is there anything else I should do to kick a football?

I have a kick stand and put the football on it and kinda just kick it, and then it just goes in the air for a little bit before stumbling on the ground. Is there any certain way you should do it? Cause the NFL kickers sure do kick better then I do. LOL!

2. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:Well there's your problem right there....you're using a kick stand... who's bike did that come off of? [​IMG] Seriously here's a link that might contain some helpful hints for you. I could also send my dad out to ya. He has coached and officiated football for almost 50 years. He knows his stuff! Even taught me a thing or two. [​IMG]
    http://www.ehow.com/how_3992_kick-football.html
    http://www.usafootball.com/resource-center/coaching/coaches-guide/?id=19&p=56
    http://www.football-plays-and-drills.com/category-football-drills-plays-tips.html

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I'd research Charlie Brown, think he had the market cornered there [​IMG]

4. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:[​IMG] Good one!

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Boyd, the thinking alike is getting creepy... I was going to say "So long as you don't let Lucy hold it you should do fine"

Seriously though, when I coached my son's soccer team (just YMCA, not anything fancy and yes I realize soccer and American football are not the same) I told my players "Kick with the laces, see happy faces. Kick with the toe, HEY WHERE'D IT GO?!?!" That's about the best advice I can give you for control, increasing contact point and thus control, etc.

6. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Whatever you do...do not follow the cowboys' kickers advice... [​IMG]

7. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:lol considering we're from the same side of the country and have similar views in life.... [​IMG] but it is pretty funny. I was surprised to get the word in first, because I haven't been around byc much lately [​IMG]

8. TheGoldenRoo

TheGoldenRoo A Crazy and Fun Chicken

Oct 15, 2009
    ND
    Quote:Oh yeah I won't LOL. Thanks for the link Hoosiermomma!

9. catfish/okie

catfish/okie Chillin' With My Peeps

When I was in school I tried out for football. They said I could be the punter. The first thing I learned is I could kick the ball further with one foot than with both of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by