Who laid my eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LDelin, Oct 25, 2016.

1. LDelin

LDelin New Egg

Oct 8, 2016
    Missouri
    My husband keeps telling me this: who cares! Is an egg and they all taste the same! I know I maybe a little overboard (husband laughing). I have 1 Buff,1 RIR,8 BR,9 Iowa Blues,8 Americana and 3 French Copper Marans. Who keeps giving me the light colored eggs. They are really pale tan. I am sure the BR are laying true brown eggs (3 are) and my Marans laid their bronze color. PLEASE BE KIND WITH ME!!! LOL

2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Easter Eggers can lay shades of brown, Orpingtons and Iowa Blues can lay light brown. Sorry, but you've got too many that could be producing lighter brown eggs to say for sure, which one it is.

3. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

Hi, welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

X 2 @junebuggena

Congrats on your new layers!

4. LDelin

LDelin New Egg

Oct 8, 2016
    Missouri
    I know! Is horrible for an OCD like me!!!!:)

5. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

Me too! I have 48 chickens and I write who laid it, the date, and how much it weighs everyday. To the best of my ability. Sometimes I cant tell the BR eggs apart. But I feel like it helps me to have a sense of health of each chicken.

All have names, except the littles who are still figuring theirs out. [​IMG]

6. LDelin

LDelin New Egg

Oct 8, 2016
    Missouri
    Thank you. Makes me feel I am not alone!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by