Who laid the egg?

Egrossman104

Chirping
Aug 30, 2021
Hey everyone, I have found BYC to be such a wealth of information to me since I got started with chickens about 5-6 weeks ago. But I figured this question deserved a post. I currently have one 2 year old leghorn and 3 Pullets that she raised. The Pullets are roughly 5 months old, they are Brahma mixes. I think two are most likely pure bred Brahmas and the other appears to be a Brahma/Leghorn. Today is a glorious day because I just got my first egg. My adult Leghorn was molting about a week ago so I suspect the egg most likely came from one of the Pullets. The egg is not pure white, it is very slightly tinted tan, in some lights appears almost peach(ish). My question is in your experience do you think this egg is from one of the Pullets or is the Leghorn done with her molt and laying again?

Attachments

• 5CABD37C-8690-4064-B10D-A78E9EBFC396.jpeg
    5CABD37C-8690-4064-B10D-A78E9EBFC396.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 11
Hey everyone, I have found BYC to be such a wealth of information to me since I got started with chickens about 5-6 weeks ago. But I figured this question deserved a post. I currently have one 2 year old leghorn and 3 Pullets that she raised. The Pullets are roughly 5 months old, they are Brahma mixes. I think two are most likely pure bred Brahmas and the other appears to be a Brahma/Leghorn. Today is a glorious day because I just got my first egg. My adult Leghorn was molting about a week ago so I suspect the egg most likely came from one of the Pullets. The egg is not pure white, it is very slightly tinted tan, in some lights appears almost peach(ish). My question is in your experience do you think this egg is from one of the Pullets or is the Leghorn done with her molt and laying again?
I’ll also add the egg is not very big, but bigger than I expected from a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom