Who laid these eggs?! Lots of pics.

dolly85

Songster
9 Years
Jun 1, 2010
A little over a week ago I got some new red sex links who had already began to lay eggs. At the same time I also started lighting the coop providing 15 hours of daylight for my remaining two hens to encourage the sedentary lazy little imps to earn their keep! Well, the sex links have been laying a light brown egg with white speckles covering the shell every day, but the last two days I have been getting a variety of browns! I do not think it is possible for the egg shell color to change so one of my other chickens must have began laying too!
wee.gif
ya.gif
Any guesses as to which one?????
I would have started lighting the coop a long time ago if I knew that's all my pretty girls needed to start giving me presents!!!!!!
idunno.gif

My chickens-

Red Sex link lays brown egg with white specks.
IMG_2694.jpg

Red Sex link who also lays a light brown egg with white specks.
IMG_2696.jpg

I think my black chicken may be the one laying the egg? The EE is pretty red in the face too though.
IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

The egg in the front left is the one that looks different.
IMG_2787.jpg

Does your EE have a single comb or a pea comb?

Otherwise the one on the left could be anyone's. It is a nice pink shade, meaning there's extra blume on it, and even the girls with white specks on theirs can do that.

She has a pea comb. Her tail looks funny due to the dog playing a little too rough and pulling out a few feathers.
roll.png

Oh I would be in egg heaven if I got a blue egg! Green is okay though too!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of my little egg making machines.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

HUH WHAT comb relates to egg color.. I had no idea.. I have eggs that have pink caste, and someone is laying eggs that are speckled hmmm any other into on this would be cool...

Christal

Quote:
Comb color has nothing to do with egg color , but they generally get more red as they approach point of lay and can sometimes indicate which pullet is laying . The gene for pea combs is close to the one for blue/green eggs ; if an EE has a single comb it is not as likely to have inherited the one for blue/green eggs .......... but that's not written in stone .

Back
Top Bottom