Who laid these eggs.

Kmac1

ChickenAddict
May 22, 2016
Kingfisher, Oklahoma
I have 4 RIR's, 4 Black Marans (I think, could be black beauties) 5 bantams, only 1 pullet bantam, 1 Bramha pullet 2 Bramha roosters, 10 guieneas. All chickens are approx 16 weeks, guineas about 18-19 weeks. Been waiting on eggs forever it seems and today I found 5 small eggs, some with tiny speckles, the others light tan. See photo. Any guess which one laid the eggs. The 2 I found in the coop were not there yesterday. So I think that rules out the one bantam pullet. The other 3 were under a small trailer where I see all of them from time to time. Maybe guineas not sure.

These are the eggs I've found so far, most had double yolks even though they were so small. I know chickens will get bigger, will the Guinea eggs also get bigger. Thanks.

In the top 4, the top left is guinea, and I think bottom left and top right are also guinea...

In bottom 4, the top left is guinea, and I think the top right is a Marans... not sure on the other 3... pics of them individually on white paper towel might be easier to tell...

Guinea eggs tend to have sharp points at one end while Marans tend to be more rounded... first eggs can be completely round for either though...

But I think you have at least a couple guineas and at least 1 Marans laying... oh, I do believe guinea eggs will increase in size as they lay... hope this helps... :)

In the top 4, the top left is guinea, and I think bottom left and top right are also guinea...

In bottom 4, the top left is guinea, and I think the top right is a Marans... not sure on the other 3... pics of them individually on white paper towel might be easier to tell...

Guinea eggs tend to have sharp points at one end while Marans tend to be more rounded... first eggs can be completely round for either though...

But I think you have at least a couple guineas and at least 1 Marans laying... oh, I do believe guinea eggs will increase in size as they lay... hope this helps... :)

Thanks that helps a lot. Have an awesome day

Back
Top Bottom