Who laid these eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LittleChickenLady, Aug 2, 2011.

1. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    Hi. I have started getting eggs from my pullets, and I'm stumped on who is laying which egg.
    The egg on the far left is from my Buff Orpington that I put in the picture for size and color comparison. She's over a year old, so is obviously laying large eggs.
    I've got a Silver Laced Wyandotte, a Barred Rock, a Black Sex Link and a Red Sex Link (was supposed to be a RIR, but has white on the tip of her tail, so we were told she's a RSL).

[​IMG]

2. Michie

Michie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    San Antonio
    Quote:My RIR lays eggs similar to the 2nd one, and my barred rocks eggs look like the last one(going from the big egg down lol). [​IMG]

3. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Any of your layers could have layed those eggs! The colors are consistant for any of the breeds that you have listed there.

4. LittleChickenLady

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    Quote:Darn. [​IMG]

5. LittleChickenLady

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    Quote:My RIR lays eggs similar to the 2nd one, and my barred rocks eggs look like the last one(going from the big egg down lol). [​IMG]

I got one today that was the size of my BO's eggs, but about the color of the third one from the left. It's my first full sized egg from my babies. [​IMG]

6. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    If you want to know which bird is laying which eggs, put some different colored food coloring on their vent.

7. whoacowboy

whoacowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    Town of Clayton
    My red sexed link lays eggs like the third one.

8. UncleTommy

UncleTommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2011
    Sanger, CA
    sunny & the 5 egg layers :

If you want to know which bird is laying which eggs, put some different colored food coloring on their vent.

genius! the things you learn by lurking...​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by