Who laid this egg?

Heather67

Songster
5 Years
Mar 12, 2018
Merit, Texas
I have Turkens, Welsummers, and Blue Australorps. (I think) and EE. lately I get tan eggs or dark terra gotta eggs. Today I got a pinkish tan egg. Wondering who laid it. My EE lay blue and green so it can’t be them. The egg I’m asking about is next to the terra cotta one.

Attachments

• 9B0873AB-90D0-41F4-B7B6-CDF4624E69C3.jpeg
    9B0873AB-90D0-41F4-B7B6-CDF4624E69C3.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 13
  • AD8F15A7-826F-4E63-B03F-E56D40291003.jpeg
    AD8F15A7-826F-4E63-B03F-E56D40291003.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 9
Could be the australorps or maybe the turkens, do you know what breeds the turkens are derived from?
You could dab some food coloring on your chickens vent for a sure answer but I'm not sure you or your chickens would care for that process. Some people use lipstick ...

Could be the australorps or maybe the turkens, do you know what breeds the turkens are derived from?
You could dab some food coloring on your chickens vent for a sure answer but I'm not sure you or your chickens would care for that process. Some people use lipstick ...
I don’t think it’s my Turkens bc they were the first to lay and have always been light colored. Then I thought the Astralorps were laying then u got colored eggs then the dark ones. Maybe a Welsummer didn’t lay so dark? Can that happen? I’m just trying to rule out who it is. And ummm about the color on the vent lol I thought about it!

I don’t think it’s my Turkens bc they were the first to lay and have always been light colored. Then I thought the Astralorps were laying then u got colored eggs then the dark ones. Maybe a Welsummer didn’t lay so dark? Can that happen? I’m just trying to rule out who it is. And ummm about the color on the vent lol I thought about it!
Welsummers can lay lighter depending on the genetics of the individual hen, it could be one of the welsummers. It hard to say unless you catch them in the act....or frighten the neighbors...

The mental image of putting lipstick on a chicken's butt really has me giggling this morning...pucker up! :lau

In thread related thoughts...one of your dark egg layers could have popped one out before finishing the color process, got startled or something. I've had light brown layers drop almost white eggs before because their day somehow got "interrupted".

Back
Top Bottom