Who laid this egg??

Deezchix

Songster
Aug 7, 2021
New England U.S.
I have two young pullets. The Lavender Orpington has been laying for over a month I think. Her egg is on the left. She is pretty consistant in laying this size and color, sometimes even lighter more like a cream/ivory. Now today I find the egg on the right, smaller and more of a pinkish hue. Is it possible my Speckled Sussex has laid her first egg? Or is this a common shade for LO?
IMG_20220211_223438.jpg

If you want to be certain, pick up your Sussex and check her vent. If the pubic bones are still tight together and her vent is still really small, it's not her. If the pubic bones (just below the vent) are a little flexible and the vent is larger and more of an oval shape, she's started laying. (just pick up your known layer and compare the areas)

If you want to be certain, pick up your Sussex and check her vent. If the pubic bones are still tight together and her vent is still really small, it's not her. If the pubic bones (just below the vent) are a little flexible and the vent is larger and more of an oval shape, she's started laying. (just pick up your known layer and compare the areas)
Thank you, thats very good to know.

Back
Top Bottom