Who laid this egg?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by taprock, Jan 16, 2011.

1. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

We have two brown egg hens who are currently laying. We have one EE, 14 polish bantams and 3 guineas that haven't started yet. We have found four eggs so far that we don't know who is laying. Any ideas? It is the egg in the middle. EE, Banty or Guinea?

[​IMG]

2. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    I'm just making a guess here but maybe the EE. Looks too big to be a banty egg.

3. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    That could be your Guinea egg. They are a little larger than banty eggs but smaller than standard chicken eggs.

4. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    I have two polish and their eggs are really white I guess it's an EE. Could be wrong though.

5. oconnorfamily25

oconnorfamily25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    Ooo, it looks like a guinea egg to me. : )

6. taprock

At this point I am guessing it is a guinea egg. I have found another two the same. Both have been in spots that the guineas like to roost and both have been frozen and cracked. Are the shells thinner?

7. taprock

Well I caught her in the act. The egg is from one of my bantam polish - Tina - a blue headed splash. She was up in the eaves with the guineas doing her singing. She hopped down and I climbed up. One nice warm egg. I had thought banty eggs would be smaller. However, I did get two on the same day so someone else is also laying now.

8. tingle

tingle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    Merseyside
    I have never seen a polish egg that colour I must have had eggs off 1000 diferent hens over the years and all have been dazzling pure white

9. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    I was going to guess banty, the egg in question looks like the ones my banty lays.
    Aren't guinea eggs a little rounder than chicken eggs? Perhaps not...
    What do you all think?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by