who layed this egg??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by naightengale, Aug 19, 2013.

1. naightengale

naightengale Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2013
    Rocky Mount VA.
    My Coop
    ok so i have a mystery egg. i have 2 known laying bantums a bantum orphington and a ?japanese bantum?? these two both lay a small white egg.
    i also have silkies and millie flur bantums,,,i have yet to see them lay an egg...
    but last evening when my hubby gathered eggs he found a small pinkish egg.
    and we have no idea who layed it
    there are also some other hens in there but they are only 2mo and my big sexlinks lay large (almost jumbo) almost choc eggs
    which one of my girl poped out a pale pink????

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    I know my silkies lay anywhere from a white to a cream colored eggs, don't know what color of egg a d'uccle lays

3. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Silkie eggs and D'Uccle eggs are almost impossible to tell apart. They both lay creamy tinted eggs ranging from almost white to kind of pink, depending on the individual bird.

4. naightengale

naightengale Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2013
    Rocky Mount VA.
    My Coop
    UPDATE:::: found the culprit this morning about 2 hours after i asked....its my silkie mama...her first egg since i got her(and now her second)...(shed been broody with a bunch of chicks and we took the chicks away so shed lay again)

sooo any one know what a silkie crossed with a brown leghorn is gona look like?? small poss of a polish a millie flur or a brahma.. but most likely the leghorn... (the others are very young and im not sure they could do the deed yet. and the polish were removed from the big flock after only a day or two)lol
    THANKS YALL

5. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Most silkie crosses have hard feathers, 5 toes, some feathers on the shanks, blueish ear lobes, a small crest. If any chicks off a leghorn and silkie cross end up being hens, I would think that they might end up being egg laying machines when they aren't broody. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by