Who let the girls out - Freeranging

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by FarmerMack, Apr 9, 2008.

1. FarmerMack

FarmerMack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2007
    Stanford, KY
    Well I decided today was the day to let the ladies out. So I popped the hatch and lowered the ramp. It took the shake of the sratch container to get a few curious heads to pop out the hatch way. The first one out was the largest barred Heather after that they all came out except the two cochins tweaty and silvie and speedy and dawn the Cornish ladies . It took opening the main door to to get everyone out. I left them alone and headed back into the barn to prepare for the 2 goats i'm buying friday [​IMG] :cool:When I came back to the coop the barred and the prods had gathered at the back and the rest about the ramp area. they all did a run for cover when the crow made it's self heard. all the barred ducked under the coop and the rest scurried in the hatch way except one, heather. she just looked at me and did that sound from the wendy's "tiny kick" commerical, i think she's top of the pecking order. [​IMG]
    Anyway here is the slide show of the first day out

Farmer Mack [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    They are so cute, what kind are they? The white ones are very pretty. [​IMG]

3. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    I love your hens! Very nice selection..how old are they? Are they laying yet. Dixie

4. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Nice! You might have figured out the chickens HATE snow... Mine will tough anything out, but put a little snow on the ground and they're like "Ow, my feets are too cold"...

5. FarmerMack

Oct 28, 2007
    Stanford, KY
    Quote:Thats Tweety and Silvie. Tweety is a sweet heart unless you pick her up, she like to get pet though LOL I think tweety laid an egg outside the coop in the snow by the door
    LOL

fresh refrigerated [​IMG]

Farmer Mack [​IMG][​IMG]

6. FarmerMack

Oct 28, 2007
    Stanford, KY
    Quote:Right also why the non-existant fencing for the run worked so well [​IMG] rotlf

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by