Who let the girls out - Freeranging

FarmerMack

Songster
12 Years
Oct 28, 2007
Stanford, KY
Well I decided today was the day to let the ladies out. So I popped the hatch and lowered the ramp. It took the shake of the sratch container to get a few curious heads to pop out the hatch way. The first one out was the largest barred Heather after that they all came out except the two cochins tweaty and silvie and speedy and dawn the Cornish ladies . It took opening the main door to to get everyone out. I left them alone and headed back into the barn to prepare for the 2 goats i'm buying friday
:cool:When I came back to the coop the barred and the prods had gathered at the back and the rest about the ramp area. they all did a run for cover when the crow made it's self heard. all the barred ducked under the coop and the rest scurried in the hatch way except one, heather. she just looked at me and did that sound from the wendy's "tiny kick" commerical, i think she's top of the pecking order.

Anyway here is the slide show of the first day out

Farmer Mack

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
I love your hens! Very nice selection..how old are they? Are they laying yet. Dixie

chickenannie

Songster
12 Years
Nov 19, 2007
Pennsylvania
Nice! You might have figured out the chickens HATE snow... Mine will tough anything out, but put a little snow on the ground and they're like "Ow, my feets are too cold"...

FarmerMack

Songster
12 Years
Oct 28, 2007
Stanford, KY
Quote:Thats Tweety and Silvie. Tweety is a sweet heart unless you pick her up, she like to get pet though LOL I think tweety laid an egg outside the coop in the snow by the door
LOL

fresh refrigerated

Farmer Mack

Top Bottom