Who Likes garage sales and thrift stores?

Kristina

Songster
12 Years
Apr 30, 2007
South Louisiana
Well I do!!!! Anyways since DD is off of school this week because of Mardi Gras we decided to hit a few garage sales and a thrift store. My little girl is 5 and thinks garage sales are the best thing since sliced bread LOL. She of course found some things she wanted and I found some awesome things! Very country, very old, very vintage....I thought I'd share some pics....you WOULD NOT believe the prices on this stuff.

Here are crocheted blankets...I paid 12.00 for the largest and then .50 and 1.00 for the others. I started collecting them when I realized people were throwing them away if they didn't sell. It broke my heart to see people's hard work going to the trash so now I collect them
smile.png

emu024.jpg

Here is a gravy boat (?) I found at the thrift store...I fell in love with it and had to have it for 5.00
emu023.jpg

Here are ceramic eggs that someones old Aunt made back in her ceramics days....they decided they didn't want them anymore so they were selling the whole basket of eggs for 1.00 You can't tell from this pic but there are 10 eggs total all different. I ordered really pretty little stands for them off of ebay.
emu026.jpg

I think I'll start collecting eggs
smile.png
Decorated ones that is!
big_smile.png

So anyway those are my finds for today....please if you have any awesome garage sale or thrift store finds show them off! I love seeing other peoples great deals!

I love garage sales, thrift stores and consignment shops. I'm alway looking for clothes for the grandkids, old dishes, toys, games and books. Last summer I found a lady selling recent DVDs and I got 10 for 2.00 each! They were in perfect condition.

love garage sales and thrift shops too! you have some great finds there. We can usually find antique treasures at garage sales cuz some people don't realize what they have.

I go to the ARC (American Red Cross) store. They sell lots of clothes, furniture, you name it, they've got it somewhere. Our headboard and matching dresser came from their, we have a desk from there, I have some clothes from there.

Quote:
Unfortunately around here the flea market people hit all the sales early and scarf up all the really good stuff. You really have to be on your toes and up with the chickens.
smile.png

BTW, Kristina, I love your afghans and eggs. I think it's really nice that you want to save their hard work. I have an afghan that my long-gone auntie made. It's uglier than sin, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Last edited:
I love to go to thrift shops etc. And don't forget the antique stores, alot of times they have "junk" there that's not too pricey.

You got some good things for the price! And I like the idea that you save those afghans, I have a few that are not something that I would buy, but my MIL made one and my Grandma made the other, so I'm keeping them.

love love love me a good yard sale or thrift shop. No better way to spend a Saturday. You know the old one mans trash is another mans treasure. Shoot I grew up on yard sales LOL If we weren't having one we were going to one. LOL

95% of my clothes are from thrift stores. Most of my friends look down on that, but I'm the one wearing designer clothes for $4 a piece!

Back
Top Bottom