• Total voters
Pics

PioneerChicks

Naturalist
Sep 4, 2019
Idaho -- currently roadschooling
My Coop
My Coop
Recently I have been fascinated with insects! I still don't exactly love touching them, but they are amazing when you get down to their level and really look at them! I love researching and learning about them too! Who else likes insects? Wanna share what you've seen recently? (Domestic or wild)

The other day I found a beetle frozen into the ice with a tiny bubble of air near "his" head, where he must have been for several hours at least. He was alive and wriggling. I cracked the ice to set him loose and observed him moving slowly. I put him in a container in the sun where he was back to normal speed within an hour, and then I released him. Random question, does anybody else feel the urge to call small creatures and insects, especially beetles, "Buddy"?

A couple pictures of Buddy (I think he's pretty cute):
1607454631072.png
1607454664942.png
1607454704518.png

And here's a cool picture of a Praying Mantis I found on my camera!
1607455029463.png

Anybody else want to share?

I like looking at the pretty ones, but other than that I'm not a huge fan of tiny crawlies.
It's really cool that you like them, and buddy is pretty cute (I don't really have that urge for insects, small everything else though, yes).

The only thing I can share is:
One time when I was camping with my family my brother was just leaning against a wall (outside) and a walking stick just started crawling up his arm. Had it been me, I would have freaked (anything that feels like a spider and I start screaming, not a fan of spiders). But he just thought it was cute and my siblings spent like an hour just having it crawl over different things.
I hope you get more bug lovers on here!

I like looking at the pretty ones, but other than that I'm not a huge fan of tiny crawlies.
It's really cool that you like them, and buddy is pretty cute (I don't really have that urge for insects, small everything else though, yes).

The only thing I can share is:
One time when I was camping with my family my brother was just leaning against a wall (outside) and a walking stick just started crawling up his arm. Had it been me, I would have freaked (anything that feels like a spider and I start screaming, not a fan of spiders). But he just thought it was cute and my siblings spent like an hour just having it crawl over different things.
I hope you get more bug lovers on here!
Bugs do come in a lot of varieties, some are beautiful! I'm definitely not a fan of spiders :p
That's a crazy story about the walking stick! I believe @Chicken Chiquita likes walking sticks?

Back
Top Bottom