Who Likes MEAN ROOSTERS?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Smittenroade, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Smittenroade

Smittenroade Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    North East Texas
    I say the meaner, angrier, tougher a rooster is the BETTER! I don't live in the city like most on here and a good tough game cock helps protect their flock, cuz I can't be around 24/7. The weak roosters don't last very long with all the predators out here...Yes, I have to keep all my cocks in seperate coops but I still would rather have a big tough meanie than a small gimp weanie anyday! [​IMG]

The larger the spurs the better! [​IMG]

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Sure, I love a mean rooster. Especially when he's simmering in a pot on my stove [​IMG]

3. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I love a mean rooster too.. with dumplings.. in the crock pot with BBQ sauce, tomatoes, onions and peppers...

I actually buy straight run chicks just hoping I will have several nasty mean roos...

4. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Mean rooster will teach the curious dog to stay away real quick! We intentionally got a mean rooster from a friend. When we brought him out here he lost his meanness! Guess the pecking order changed & he became a calm eat out of your hand roo. Took about a week for him to stop being aggressive.

5. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    As long as he is not aggressive to my family or me he is fine and welcome to stay, but..... Yeah I like chicken and dumplings too.

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Love mean roosters best as coq au vin.

7. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Quote:I love a mean rooster too.. with dumplings.. in the crock pot with BBQ sauce, tomatoes, onions and peppers...

I actually buy straight run chicks just hoping I will have several nasty mean roos...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Sorin

Sorin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Glenfield, ny
    Why can't you have a tough, friendly Roo? My Harry is friendly to people, gentle with his ladies, but woe to any stray animal that comes near! [​IMG]. Just ask the neighbors cat! He hasn't come back in two months!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by