1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

who likes to read

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bella1210, Sep 9, 2010.

1. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    who reads i do some times and i wanted to know who reads and what your favorite book or series is my is diary of a wimpy kid series and i am going to start the 39 clues i read the 1st 39 clues book so i am going to read the next one soon so can you tell me your favorte book or series is and can you tell me what it is about and when do you like to read the most for me it is in school and before i go to bed how long dose it take you to read a book it takes me a long time like a month

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

I read a lot, I just finished The Witching Hour and The Hunger Games. I don't have a favorite book I just read too many to choice. But I read a lot of YA literature.

3. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    I love to read.
    Except I read very little of modern day novels. I'm mostly into classics. On occasion, I'll read a book written in the past 50 years. But when they've lasted so long, you can know they're good!

4. bella1210

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    have you read the 39 clues books

5. bella1210

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    any one else

6. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

I read every day. History, some sci fi, used to be a huge Steven King fan until he got creepy - or non creepy. [​IMG]

Steve

7. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I loooooove reading. I read lots of historical romance or fantasy/romance. I use it as my escape from the everyday, so I don't usually go for classics (though I read many many many of them in high school). I read 3 of the books in the Drakon series by Shana Abe. They're about a diminishing group of people that can turn into smoke and dragons. She writes wonderfully; her novels are very descriptive which I love.

I'm a series gal. My other favorites are Children of the Earth (based on cave people) and the Outlander series (time travel to Scotland). Both series are comprised of insanely long books (700+ pages), 5-6 books in each series I believe.

To answer the question on reading speed - I read fast. I usually finish a 300 pg book in a day or two.

I have not read the 39 clues books.

8. bella1210

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    Quote:oh the 39 clues books are good it is about her grandma dyeing and they have to challenge and go around the world or take the money and go

9. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    I love reading! I love environmental studies human studies old notebooks and some fiction that has to do with life. also love poultry history

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yup.. i read all the time...
    Right now i'm reading..Incidents in the life of a slave girl.. by Harriet Jacobs
    Its about slavery and the author is telling her story about living as a slave down south. And how she escaped to freedom..etc...

I really love to read historicals... its neat to read how they lived and how their day to day life was ..way back in the past..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by