Who Loves Their Teenagers?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickiebaby, Jan 28, 2009.

1. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    They drive us all completely crazy, I know, and we all say so frequently. But who here loves their teenagers? Tell us something wonderful about them - it will cheer us all and we'll need it for the times they are being decidedly UNwonderful.

I'll start: Half the mock trial team is over at our house on this snow day, rehearsing for a trial this week. While here, they have consumed a large amount of muffins and a whole lot of pizza. They have also:

1. Read picture books to my exhausted neighbor's visiting three year old
    2. Had their nails done, rainbow-style, by a ten year old sibling, and
    3. Shoveled out, WITHOUT being asked, the front walk, the back walk, the path to the coop AND both cars.
    4. Lost it, repeatedly, over video of myotonic goats on YouTube.

Now ain't they sweet? At least for today . . .

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I love my teenager a great deal!

Edited to add: We don't leave each other's sight without saying we love each other.

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    My DS is 14. He still tells me he loves me at the end of every phone call and every time he walks out the door or gets out of the car. [​IMG] Once I didn't say it so he would not be embarrased in front of his friends. So he said it first!

He came home from spending the nigt with a friend and he was upset because his friend had yelled at his Mom and called her names. I asked him if he said anything. He said he told his friend that you should always be nice to your Mom because she loves you no matter what!

4. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Did you have to ask this question on an icy/snow day? [​IMG]

16 yr old DD has a toothache and is bored...thankfully she is in the shower right now (thats a good thing right?)
    15 yr old DS is still hiding out in bed (how can a kid sleep so much?), so no trouble from him today (another good thing).
    8 yr old DS has already been out to play in the snow, but finds annoying his sister much more fun (if he's bugging her, he's not bugging me-another good thing) lol

I have seen much worse, so I am very happy mine are only merely annoying at times and I love them bunches [​IMG]

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

My 7 and 3 years olds are problematic enough, I can't imagine the terrors they will be as teenagers. [​IMG]

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I spend time with groups of 20-30 teenagers for at least five hours a day, five days a week. Sometimes they drive you nuts, and other times they astound you with their insight and creativity. I think a teenager that is motivated, hard-working and passionate about what they believe in is a force to be reckoned with. Young people are not yet cynical, they're often visionary, and for the most part, they're open to change.

7. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    I love my 15.5 year old dtrs. They shining lights! They are wonderful, caring, compassionate and truly a joy!
    Although I loved my boys when they were teenager's, I am glad they are all adults now!

8. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I love my teens! My oldest is learning to be responsible, bought his siblings all presents for Christmas without prompting, is keeping his apartment neat, and is turning out to be a great young man! He is 19 1/2 and a sophophore in college.

My daughter is a senior, and 17, she just got home from a mission trip to Dominica. She loved it and didn't want to leave. She has her moments, but is so kind and thoughtful (mostly to others outside the family, lol) that she is turning out to be a wonderful girl!!

Then there is my 4-H kids, which I love being around. They are all great kids!! They have great senses of humor and are always helpful and polite. If they get out of line, I can just tell them and they straighten right up. Who knew teens could actually be enjoyable?! lol

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

When my son was little he couldn't say I love you right and it always came out I Fuff Foo. he is now 19 and we still say that to each other, in front of his friends, God and everybody. He is a kindhearted, loving, caring, young man. [​IMG]

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

My kids are 32,30 and 27 so it's been awhile since they've been teen-agers, but I still miss having teen-agers around. Despite all the headaches that they caused it was a fun time. 2 more years and my oldest grandchild will be 13......I'm looking forward to it!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by