Who needs tv when you have chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by hisdaughter, May 12, 2011.

1. hisdaughter

hisdaughter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Lakeland
    I am new to raising chickens and am just having a blast. The other night I made a small corral for my chicks as our yard is not fenced in and let them out. There was a quarter-sized area of dirt in the grass and of course, they found it. the dirt area soon became the size of a basketball and dirt was flying everywhere!!! Then I got the bright idea (???) to add a little water to the hole. I then had mud slingin' going on and the dirtiest chicks ever!!! I couldn't stop laughing. Hope y'all are having as much fun. Who needs to stop and smell the roses when you have chickens. They keep you laughing and put a smile on your face. Have a blessed day![​IMG]

2. Player Hater

Player Hater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2010
    haha they were trying to dust bathe

why did you put water on it?

3. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    Quote:I love your title for this post, cause it is so true. I would rather set and watch my chickens than watch TV. I have the best time and so many laughs.

We have a glider in our backyard that hubby and I both use to set and watch. It is the yard our four small dogs have as their fenced in yard. I also have a chair right out in the chicken yard, about 20 feet out from the front of the chicken house. I have the best time setting in either one of those and can spend an hour or more just watching the chickens.

When my brother was visiting last fall, he had so much fun setting out there watching the chickens too. He would get up just about sunrise every morning, get him a cup of coffee and go set in the glider. Watch the sun rise, and watch the chickens for an hour or so. He also loved going to get their food and put it out first thing early in the morning, then setting and watching them. [​IMG] He is coming down again this June for my birthday and besides getting to be here with me for my bday, he is looking forward to his morning outside time, and watching the chickens. [​IMG]

4. hisdaughter

hisdaughter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Lakeland
    Didn't have an extra water container and I live in Fl. I was hot and thirsty so I assumed they might be too. It was just plain dirty

5. dgecko

dgecko Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    yep its so fuuny the things chickens do. But you got to be carefull the chickens want in your lap o yea whats that in your pocket? Hmmmm chickens look at their self if you wear glasses and then comes the lap turkeys poor things think their sitll polts and not the 30 pound monster not sitting in your lap grooming your hair

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by