Who owns the Octagon 20 Eco? Turning eggs by hand......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jmc, Sep 14, 2011.

1. jmc

jmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    I just ordered one (my second bator) but didn't get the turner. Not sure i need it at this time.

Who else either has this without the turner or turns eggs by hand in some other bator?

2. packmomma

packmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Argos, IN
    I just bought an incubator and the turner was another 59 dollars [​IMG]. I am so turning by hand lol. Long long time ago my grandpa hatched ducks. Mom and dad did chickens too so I know all about turning..I'll find the time I need to save the money. Goodness gracious I didnt think incubators would be as expensive as this thing was.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  3. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    one word... EBAY. got mine used with quail and standard racks for $25

4. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Quote:I called around my local feed stores and the turner for the LG was almost as much as the incubator, so $59 sounds about right.

5. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    Quote:I called around my local feed stores and the turner for the LG was almost as much as the incubator, so $59 sounds about right.

Everything I've seen online, including shipping is going to be $50-60 but I did see this auction on ebay today for $47.95 with shipping... from Jeffers Pet supply (www.jefferspet.com)
    click here

or if you're not in a hurry just check Ebay every day or 2 and you'll find used ones quite often. mine works great. paid $25 with shipping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by