Who poo is this

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by silly4buttons, Feb 25, 2014.

1. silly4buttons

silly4buttons Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2013
    Billerica Ma
    I went outside to day and found this poo maybe 9 inches where I keep my chickens there where one set of tracks I didn't get a pic of them please tell me it's just a dog

[​IMG]

2. falconertomt

falconertomt Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2014
    Utah
    Hard to tell without a size comparison, but it looks canine.

3. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    Sorry, but I can't stop laughing. This post struck me as funny and admit I get concerned over odd poops. I agree it's dog poop, up close and personal. Macro setting for sure.
    Chicken owners should be paranoid! I had little round ones right outside the pop door this morning. Stared at it for a while and realized it was squirrel poop.

Wonder if anyone on here has a predator poop picture chart? It should be a sticky.

4. silly4buttons

silly4buttons Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2013
    Billerica Ma
    Sorry, but I can't stop laughing. This post struck me as funny and admit I get concerned over odd poops. I agree it's dog poop, up close and personal. Macro setting for sure.
    Chicken owners should be paranoid! I had little round ones right outside the pop door this morning. Stared at it for a while and realized it was squirrel poop.

Wonder if anyone on here has a predator poop picture chart? It should be a sticky.[/quote

It's ok you can laugh. is live across the street from conservation land and I have seen coyote and deers turkey's and some big fat jiggle thing come out of my garage and a few years ago there was a small bear running

5. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    Yikes! I don't blame you for keeping an eye on any foreign poop! I've been lucky to free range my silkies w/out any predator attacks for the past 10 years but I always keep my eyes and ears open. My Golden Retriever patrols the yard and watches over them too.

6. falconertomt

falconertomt Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2014
    Utah

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by