Who replaced my chick's water with caffeine?????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Willow's Meadow, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Willow's Meadow

Willow's Meadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    So my sweet, calm chicks are 6 days old now and overnight have turn into HYPER CRAZY race around there brooder and trying to fly chicks!!!! Is it normal for 6 day old chicks to be this hyper???? lol this is my first time having chicks! I heard I could give them a clump of dirt and grass to put in there brooder so they can eat it/play with it. What age is a good age to start doing this? What age did you give them some weeds, grass and dirt? I don't mean let them outside, I just mean a small shovelful to put in there brooder. This is what they look like all day: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]!!!!!!!!!!! They used to be [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG].....calm!

2. IwannaBEaMERMAID

IwannaBEaMERMAID Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Wow That Happened To Me Too !!!

3. NeeleysAVLChicks

NeeleysAVLChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Leicester, NC
    Awww, well it sounds like you have some very happy, healthy chicks on your hands!

4. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    My chicks are a week old today. I take them out for chicky play time in the grass. They all flap their little wings & hop into the air trying to fly. [​IMG] [​IMG] It is the cutest thing! Then they try to scratch & dust bathe in the grass, today I introduced some sand to them & they were more interested in eating it!! Goofy girls! So instead of putting dirt into the brooder box, & having a big mess in there w/ them, I just take them outside. I only have 8 of them, so they are pretty easy to keep track of. They stay fairly close to me & if anything scares them (cars in particular kinda freak them out) they just come running back to me & hop into my lap! Sweetest things!! [​IMG]
    So I'd take em out & see how they do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by