1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

who said that candling too much interferes with hatch rate?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Myst4, May 4, 2008.

1. Myst4

Myst4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    I candled every night,and sometimes during the day. I had 12 eggs and 11 hatched today and the one left has pipped, due to hatch tomorrow. They are beautiful babies, very healty and active. Anyway, I am so happy...and once my lasy baby hatches it will be a great first hatch !

2. ChelleEnchanted

ChelleEnchanted Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2008
    Ohio
    I candle mine every other day.
    I just can't help it!

They look fine so far. :eek:

3. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Great news! I had stopped for two days...I am going to candle them right now!!

4. Myst4

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:Have fun !!!! I'm going to be hatching more after these ones. I can't wait...and so the addiction continues!

5. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    They are still wigglin. I want to try the grocery store egg thing. Did you read about that?

6. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    lol-I was going to do a hands off approach this batch, but I may have to reconsider....

7. Myst4

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:I'm not sure if we have a grocery store that sells fertile eggs. Good luck with that.

8. Myst4

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:Well, like I said, I candles them every night.Not all of them in one night mind you, but my 2 white ones for sure.Also candled them in the middle of the day(in my son's closet lol).
    They hatched without a problem. The last egg(due to hatch today) hatched at about 1:45am this morning. I'm going to clean out the bator today and do it all over again. It's great! I just love it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by