Who saw Wild Man (I think the name) on Animal Planet last night?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by scooter147, Dec 19, 2011.

1. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    Wild Man sits in a chicken coop and waits for the fox to come in then he catches it with his bare hands.
    Here is what killed me (no pun intended). In order to catch the fox in the chicken coop he has to have a door installed on the pop door. So after the fox enters he can drop the door.
    UHHHHH maybe, just maybe if there was a door on the pop door that was closed each evening the fox wouldn't have been a problem.
    Then his payment for his services was a "prized hen" which really appeared to me like a cornish cross rooster!!!!!!!!!
    After it was over I felt like the whole thing was a "set up" and I wasn't buying it.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  2. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Its called "Call of the Wild Man". I dont think its set up. I think that where he is located thats just what you do. In the first episode I saw he got $22 & an apple pie [​IMG] for catching a non venomous snake. Either way that guy is INSANE lol. You do have a good point about the pop door though. Not sure what to think about the hen...

3. eggboy

eggboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    CA
    It definately does sound setup. But I didn't see it so I can't say for sure.

4. Debbiesflocks

Debbiesflocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Washington
    thats live action right there. [​IMG]

5. The Wolf Queen

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. The Wolf Queen

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    If any one wants to watch the shortened version of the episode specifically about the fox it can be seen here, & its called Turtleman Gets Foxy. It doesnt include the part about the prized hen though [​IMG].

Eta: The full episode can be seen here

7. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Its totally ridiculous and the show exaggerates - that said, I watch it and laugh my behind off!

8. ke5hde

ke5hde Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2011
    Lafayette,NY
    The one I saw was him looking for a snapper in a family pond, but in one scene the pond was covered in algae and the next it wasn't and then it was again. I did catch me as kinda strange, but that is Live Action. [​IMG]

Chris

9. Debbiesflocks

Debbiesflocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Washington
    I'm guilty of watching it. I love how he grabs a critter then rolls around playing it up for the camera.

10. The Wolf Queen

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Quote:The fox roll really is pretty funny, but I feel bad for the fox [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by