Who says it doesn't get hot in Canada????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by miss_thenorth, Jul 17, 2008.

1. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    It's 99F today, with the humidex, it feels like 112F (33C, feels like 41C) Spent the day in the pool, and in the house. Concerned about the meat birds though.

2. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    Wr've had some hot ones here in Minnesota lately too. Although it did cool off a little and rain here today. Maybe it just shifted north. Sorry!!

I too worried about my meat chickens. One little trick I saw was to fill empty soda bottles with water and freeze. Then put them in the chickens run. Supposedly they would sit next to them to cool off. I haven't tried it yet so I am not exactly sure how it will work, but hey it couldn't hurt!!

3. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Quote:Your conversions are a bit off....

33 Celsius = 91.4 F

41 Celsius = 105.8 F

Where abouts are you in Ontario? I'm near Toronto, & the high was only around 30 Celsius.

4. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Quote:Your conversions are a bit off....

33 Celsius = 91.4 F

41 Celsius = 105.8 F

Where abouts are you in Ontario? I'm near Toronto, & the high was only around 30 Celsius.

Sorry, my school house trick was to double it and add 32, so even my math was off. I'm inbetween Chatham and Windsor.

5. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

*Meanwhile, we seem to be cooling off just a bit. Yesterday, it monsooned like mad and last night, it actually felt like our version of "fall"-- cool and moist and fresh!! Weird. Usually don't get anything like that until late September. Think it'll last?? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  6. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Yeah, it rarely gets above the low 90s F in the lower portions of Ontario (and doesn't even get to 90 very often), which is not really very hot even by wimpy Philadelphia standards; and usually with lower humidity up here than you'd find most places further south.

Of course we are entirely entitled to dislike it anyhow <g>

Pat, going to be very sad to have our two huge poplars cut down on Monday 'cuz without them there's hardly any shade, but they are falling apart and have Got To Go so we can get some younger 'real' trees growing in their place, sigh

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by