Who says when you cut a sandwich....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabianequine, Oct 26, 2011.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    that diagonal is for adults and half's horizontal and vertical are for kids lol.....I had a in home care client tell me this one time. I told my husband about this just the other day even though this happened years ago. He made a hamburger tonight for dinner and put it on bread and asked what the right way to cut his sandwich was and as he was walking by I came out of the room and said that is the kids way hahahaha

Does it really matter to you?

2. marty8587

marty8587 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    I do not care, but if I know someone likes it one wat I'll do it to be nice.

3. melodie_a

melodie_a Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    I prefer mine to be cut diagonal. I ordered a grilled cheese today at work from our cafe and the guy cut it horizontal... it really bugged me. Not enough to complain about it or anything so don't think I am that shallow or anything but it just felt wrong the whole time I was eating it. It didn't affect the taste though, cause it was YUM-O! [​IMG]

4. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    I like it corner to corner, but can't spell diagnally. And the best sandwich cutter is a pizza cutter.

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Don't care one way or t'other. Doesn't even need to be cut unless it's a foot long sub. I actually prefer that the 6" subes be cut in half, but regular loaf bread? why even bother cutting it at all?

6. serendipity22

serendipity22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    NC
    What kinda sandwiches we making? I'm hungry!

7. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    I like mine cut horizontally. I like them to be even. Too perfectly even to ever expect anyone else to make a sandwich for me [​IMG]

But I think food should be as fun and personally appealing as possible... so if someone wants a diagonal sandwich, fine with me [​IMG] But I'm not cutting it...

8. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I am a vertical girl. That way their is the same amount of top and bottom crust on both halves. I like the symmetry of it.

I want a BLAST sandwich Bacon lettuce avocado spinach and tomato. Yummy!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  9. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

I like diagonal. It just looks pretty on the plate.

10. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Diag... for sure... I like it that way cuz its dips in soups better... I like to dip grilled cheese in tomato soup, or chili, or clam chowder... you get the idea..

BUT PBJ, don't cut it at all! NOT AT ALL! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by