Who sells sexed turkeys?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by AliciaM, Apr 15, 2012.

1. AliciaM

AliciaM Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Yelm Washington
    Anyone know of a hatchery/breeder that sells sexed turkeys? Prefer a heritage breed... I just need a pair.. I dont want to have to buy a bunch if I can help it...

Thanks.

2. kateswist

kateswist New Egg

Mar 19, 2012
  3. nickie

nickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    north central KY
    Meyer hatchery does NOT sell sexed poults. All of their turkeys are straight run minimum of 15.

4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    It looks like your best option is to purchase young adults after they are old enough to sex.

Try Craigslist and also the Washington thread in "Where Am I Where Are You"

Some one who is going to the Poultry Swap in Portland May 5 has turkeys. Try looking in the Oregon swap thread. Maybe you can get some turkeys there.

5. quickchickie

quickchickie New Egg

Jul 4, 2010
    alliance ohio
    i just ordered a white bb female but no others are available until june from meyerr hatchery in polk ohio

6. coopqueen

coopqueen Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2012
    Underwood, WA
    Do you want two one year olds, that are male and female? I am coming to canby and could bring a nesting female and a breeding male, bourbon red male and either spanish black, white holland females. All are great, but I almost think three would be better. Two turkeys are a bit lonely, three is better.

7. AliciaM

AliciaM Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Yelm Washington
    Thanks for the offerr.. Ive already gotten some turkeys.. I couldnt find sexed, so I got 3 in the hopes one is the opposite sex.. I ended up with Royal Palms.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by