1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

who sells the best inexpensive reliable incubator for small haches of 5 to 8 eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by prophet, Mar 18, 2013.

1. prophet

prophet Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2010
    i raise several breeds of bantams and henny gamefowl . im seeking expert advice on an inexpensive riliable incubator.

2. tec27

tec27 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    honestly in my opinion an "inexpensive reliable" incubator is kind of an oxymoron. You get what you pay for. Little giants are super cheap (around $50) and are kind of reliable. You have to watch them though and make sure the thermometer and hygrometer is correct. Your best incubators in my opinion are brinsea. But theyre expensive.

3. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    I have just used the Hovabator incubator. I put 14 eggs in and 9 actually hatched (4 were infertile). The incubator by itself is about $40, but I got mine with the turner for $80. I would highly recomend this incubator for I first timer. It can hold 42 eggs, but you don't have to set that many. Here is a smaller incubator for around 5 eggs for $13: http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/mini_dome_incubator.html
    I think it's worth a try!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by