Who sends out Christmas cards?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChickiKat, Dec 15, 2011.

1. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    We still send cards every year. Since moving out of the city I love to take them to my local post office and the stamps are hand cancelled. It seems to old timey!!!

2. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    We do!! [​IMG]

3. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    We do...

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I do.

5. MNShepherdess

MNShepherdess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Minnesota
    I don't generally, but will this year for a few people because I made them with our wedding photos....What a cheater I am! [​IMG]

6. Peachesbabychick

Peachesbabychick Chillin' With My Peeps

We do!!!

7. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    We do.

My other passion (besides chickens) is making greeting cards using rubber stamps. So every year I make 60+ handcrafted Christmas cards plus a long family newsletter which includes a picture of my 4 kids and send them out. It takes me hours and hours to make the cards, sign the cards, write the newsletter and get a non-goofy picture of the kids in front of our tree.

I know a lot of people hate newsletters, but I wish more people would write one. There's a lot of old aquaintances and distant family that I never talk to other than exchanging Christmas cards and I'd love to know what's going on in their lives. I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on ours. I try to tell funny stories about the kids and I always mention the chicken's antics.

8. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I stopped a few years ago because of budget problems. However, I do sometimes pick out special cards for a couple special people.

9. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    I send them to people that are a distance from me that I don't talk to everyday or haven't seen recently. Everyone else gets a "Merry Christmas" phone call and or present.

10. Linn Bee

Linn Bee Chillin' With My Peeps

I posted mine this morning. Not very many cards get sent, however. Just to close friends and to family.

Love, Linn B (aka Smart Red) * * * Nesting with 5 Australorp and 5 Lt. Brahma hens plus 'The Count of Monte Cristo' - or Monte, for short - one beautiful, well-behaved, hard-working, Australorp rooster, in south-est, central-est Wisconsin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by