1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Who set eggs today?1/1/13

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Pancholoco, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Pancholoco

Pancholoco Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2012
    Sin, MX. now CA.
    Just curious!!! I want to know if someone set eggs today? I did it. I incubated 26 in a bator[​IMG] These eggs will be my first chicken eggs seated [​IMG] last hatch were quails.

HNY to everyone....

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  2. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    I wish I could. I've got the spring itch already but I can't because of the cold temps here in Ohio. My girls just aren't laying right now and if I ordered eggs they would probably freeze. Dying to though lol!

3. barredgmc

barredgmc New Egg

Dec 17, 2012
    I set 5 of of my "barnyard" cross eggs in today, I'm anxious! I have bsl x rir, bsl x barred rock , oeg (silver duck wing) x Mille fleur and Cornish bantam. We'll see what happens lol!

4. Pancholoco

Nov 12, 2012
    Sin, MX. now CA.
    I went for Black Copper Marans, Cream Leg Bars and Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks.

5. Pancholoco

Nov 12, 2012
    Sin, MX. now CA.
    They started to hatch today at 9:?? AM the first one died looked strong and then 2 more hatched at 12;??. One died in the inside of the shell it piped but he didn't do it[​IMG] to bad and right now i have five out of the bator, more pips coming[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by