Who Shall I Keep

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chipmunkridge, Oct 29, 2010.

1. chipmunkridge

chipmunkridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2010
    Lancaster
    I have (at this moment)
    4 black crossed with ???? cockerels, and 2 pullets (a black and a mottled)
    of the cockerels 2 have red mixed in, and 2 with gold. I was going to keep one of each color; but maybe I should keep the golds.
    They look like this

[​IMG]

By keep or not keep- I mean 2 will be with the girls and 2 will be penned up or given away as pets.

Susan

2. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    Very pretty boys, I would keep one of each but that's just because I think they are both lovely! Not sure what your breeding plans are, so I guess your choice depends on that.
    Good luck! [​IMG]

3. chipmunkridge

chipmunkridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2010
    Lancaster
    I don't have any breeding plans as such, and I don't think fluffy cochins do so well at breeding if they don't get some help.
    Aesthetically speaking, I think the gold laced ones are far prettier, and if anyone is going to father babies, I think it should be them.
    Maybe someone with extensive breeding experience cold tell me what colors of chicks I'd get with a black hen, a mottled hen and either dad with a gold laced neck.

Susan

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by