Who ships pea chicks

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Do you ship day olds or older birds? The reason I asked is we placed an order thru a breeder in Texas http://bowspeafowlfarm.com/home.html . I was expecting day olds and yesterday when they came they are more like month olds. Not that i'm complaining at all. [​IMG] It has been rainy and cool here the last few days so I was worried about them shipping. How do you guys ship yours?

Steve

2. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Steve, most peafowl breeders ship peachicks after they are a few weeks old.

I ship mine after they have a good start, main reason I dont ship day old , as you know they are a little harder to start than chicken chicks.

I would ship dayold peachicks to a person I know who has started peachicks before.

Min. amount most would ship on dayold are 8 peachicks, so they dont get chilled. You could ship them with other chicks in smaller amounts.

I know Leggs started shipping dayold peachicks last year, for the first time. He hatches thousand every year.

I sold most peachicks I hatched last year, most were 2 months old or older when I shipped them.

3. Quote:That makes sense thanks. We have alot to learn about pea's you are a big help thanks
    Steve

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: