Who shops at dollar stores?? Any favorites?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by RockyToggRanch, Dec 20, 2008.

1. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I was wondering how many of you shop at dollar stores and if you do, what are you buying or looking for?

2. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I got my containters that I put my cookies in for gifts there..

I also like to buy my wrapping paper there..

and I know you get less but here is why.

I always bought big rolls and had to use it for years strait..

so I get smaller rolls and get to change it up.

3. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    We have no more $1 stores [​IMG] I used to love them... last one closed last year...

4. chiknwhisperer

chiknwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    The wrapping thing is right. I already used up the rolls that I bought and now I have to go get more. But we have all kinds of difrent wrapping paper and I think that makes it all look better I think when it all doesn't match.

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:My husband goes there all the time.Usually for snacks, and holiday decorations.

6. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I get my rubber gloves and a lot of my cleaning supplies there. All of my foil and zippy bags. Craft items. I got yarn that was selling for almost $4 at WalMart for $1....same brand, colors, amount. Gift bags, boxes, paper. One of the strangest I guess is microwave popcorn. Oh, and white rice and noodles. I save a LOT of money shopping there.

7. Tn Gamebirds

Tn Gamebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

my wife would be lost without the Dollar Store!

She get groceries , cleaning supplies, toys, school supplies, etc there

8. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    I get stocking stuffers....also to keep from running to town I shop there for things I need quick....toilet paper .cereal and milk....but their milk and bread is high there for some reason.....I get cat food their is cheaper.....

9. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Oh....I almost forgot one of the best things mine has done for me lately! I NEEDED black pepper but I couldn't find coarse ground anywhere. Dollar Tree has these wonderful disposable salt and pepper grinders. So, I now can fresh grind my pepper (even has an adjustable grinder) and it was onlyt $1!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

10. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I certainly do... I go there to get random things -- candles, gift bags, bubble bath, baskets, etc. Sometimes, I'll get off-brand cleaning supplies there (my favorite thing to grab is the all-powerful orange oil degreaser). When I was in college, I'd get plates and glasses there. The dollar store is also a great place to find snack foods.

My favorite dollar stores are the Dollar Tree chain stores.

Some items at the dollar store are a good value, and other things there are plain junk. It depends on what one is looking for.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by