Who stepped on the squeeky toy?... ADDED VIDEO!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jinxschuh, Jun 29, 2011.

1. jinxschuh

jinxschuh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Northern Utah
    My little RIR roo is about 15-16 weeks old now and he just made his first attempt at crowing... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]... how horribly pathetic it sounded and at first I had no idea what I was hearing even though I was expecting it any day now and knew it would be pathetic. I had to jump up and check out the window before it sunk in that it was him... ROFLMAO... to funny!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My little man is getting all grown up... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  2. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    I hear ya...my 7 week Old English Game Bantam has been "practicing" Every now and then for the last 1.5 weeks...but today decided he wanted to sing for 5 minutes this morning.....I ran out thinking that something was trying to hurt my girls...and he was up on the eve happy as can be crowing...lol
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. jinxschuh

May 3, 2011
    Northern Utah
    It is hilarious... I had to go take his portrait for his milestone morning of his first crowing attempt. He is gonna be gorgeous!!

[​IMG]

(at least I hope his right wing recovers from him being bullied by a foster rooster that plucked all his wing feathers out before I was able to get him out, poor FancyMan!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and thought this one was funny... "get the treats, get the treats" as they ran to my daughter coming out the patio door... LOL

[​IMG]

4. jinxschuh

May 3, 2011
    Northern Utah
  5. Bobby Joe

Bobby Joe Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2010
    tupelo,ms
    oh my goodness this is so funny ....... you have got to send this to AFV

6. ScotianChick

ScotianChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2010
    Oh my gosh! He sounds like a squeeky toy that is losing it's squeeker! My 17 week old roo hasn't tried crowing yet but the noises he makes just walking around the yard... he sounds like he is trying to sing. It's like Lu lu lu lu lu over and over.

7. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    He's awesome! He sounds like an old-fashioned bicycle horn.

8. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    LOL! He crows and then looks around like..."Did I do that right? Anyone..." hehehe So funny when they first crow!

9. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Do you ever wonder what they think the first time they crow?

"What on earth was that? Oh no, here comes another one ... and another ... somebody please stop me! Hey, Mom, look at me - I'm a man!"

10. R.M. Hens

R.M. Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Pearl River, LA
    Haha!! Thanks for the laugh! I soooo cannot wait for my little RIR roo to make his first attempt at crowing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by