Who takes care of....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabianequine, Aug 21, 2011.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    your animals the majority of the time at your house? I do at my house. My dh will help when we need to use the tractor, making and building stuff.

2. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I do.
    First of all, hubby doesn't hand out treats like I do so the ducks are naturally suspicious of him.
    Secondly see the last part of this post . [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Here it is mainly Ken. He does the moving around, rebuilding, feeding. I gather the eggs and help him catch the rabbits to be put away. Some tasks it takes both of us. Wing clipping is a two person job. And we have a white leghorn roo that is constantly flying the cooping even with clipped wings. Do not ask me how, I have no idea.

I am the giver of treats, so they naturally prefer me [​IMG]

4. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    I supervise the children do the daily care, feeding, watering and litter changes (3 cats 3 bunnies all litterbox trained). Most of the feeders and waterers hold 2-3 days worth, so if a pen is missed on one day, it's not a crisis, but we check daily as well.

5. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    50/50. I do the am feeding because I work 3p-11p.

6. Amethyste

Amethyste For Love of Boo...

It goes back and forth between me and DH. He is good at taking care of what needs to be done inside with the cats, and I usually keep an eye on the girls (hens) outside. He will willingly help when needed tho [​IMG]

But it tends to be even 50%-50% split.

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I take care of the animals majority of the time, regardless of who owns them, but, - I also take care of the yard, the gardens, the chickens, the other livestock, the house. . . . Basically every thing except people's personal spaces.

8. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Me,they are my chickens and I love taking care of them.
    Acually all the animals here are mine,rules of the house you bring it home you take care of it.
    The kids had to help out after I got sick and then had emergancy surgery.

9. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    The only animals my SO cares for are the Dogs...
    And by care, I mean like [​IMG]

I do everything with the outside animals (goats, chickens, and cats)
    And most everything with the Dogs, but he helps with them

10. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    I take care of everything except if I work that day or have my early class. My mom will take care of the chickens, goats, and dogs when I am not here, but the cats are my responsibility. I have feeders and waterers for the chickens and goats that will last a few days, and the goats hay rack can hold a whole bale at once, so if she misses a day its no big deal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by