Who used the LED Christmas lights in the pen ..... (JJMR?)

_Randall_

Songster
10 Years
Nov 3, 2009
Grenada, Ms
I remember reading where somebody said they used LED Christmas tree lights in the pen to coax their females to lay "out of season". Was it you, JJMR? (Wal-Mart got them suckas "ON SALE"............50% off now...........prolly go much cheaper in the next week or so. Was there today, and it rung a bell...) How many of these little suckas are enough for "sufficient light" to keep the egg-droppin' happenin'?

I Am Using The Led Lights And Kullas Is Using The Old Fashioned Ones=== The Leds Actually Put Out A Whiter And Brighter Light That The Old Mini Bulb Incandescent Lights--- As Well As Last Waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy Longer And Uses Wwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy Less Juice To Run. I Got Mine At A Close OuT Store Called Big Lots Before Xmas For 20-30% Of What Wally World Wanted, And Saw Them At Dollar General Store For Prolly 50% Of Wally World---- So Check Those 2 On Your Way To Walmart! How Many? My Ground Pens Are6x10 Dog Kennels And I Run The STRing Down The Middle 1 Time And That Works.... My Quail Banks Are 16x 24x 16 Inch Condos---- The Top And Back Have Aluminum Sheeting On It For Weather Protection. So I Wrapped Them Around The Front(near The Top Edge) And The Sides--- The Condo Is 7 Pens Side To Side To Side In A 12? Ft Long Strip--- Wrapped The Lights From 1 End To The Other And Back Again--- Way Plenty Bright As All My Coturnix Now Wear Sunglasses At Night---- But They're Layin Lil Fools
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
OK, so to put it into perspective, if there's enough light for us humans to be satisfied that they (Bobwhites in my case) can see to eat and get around "normally"......... and carry on "other activities", then that's enough light?????

Quote:
OK, so to put it into perspective, if there's enough light for us humans to be satisfied that they (Bobwhites in my case) can see to eat and get around "normally"......... and carry on "other activities", then that's enough light?????

I WAS ALWAYS TAUGHT THAT IF THERE'S ENOUGH LIGHT TO READ THE PRINT ON A NEWSPAPER THATS ENOUGH LIGHT TO FOOL A QUAIL INTO LAYING (GUESS THEIR KINDA GULLIBLE HUH?)
smile.png

AS FAR AS MY OWN EXPERIENCE ITS TRUE BUT BOBS MAY BE A LIL HARDER TO CONVINCE---- I GET GG EGGS IN A SPORATIC FASHION, BUT THE BUTLERS WOULDNT LAY RIGHT NOW IF THEIR LIVES DEPENDED ON IT.

ON THE FLIP SIDE--- I HAVE 2 TRIOS OF MATURE PHEASANTS NEARBY THAT ARE ALL BREEDING AND LAYING LIKE MAD TOO----- DID I MENTION THAT I HAVE RINGNECK EGGS FOR SALE?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom