Who want's to finger nail bite with me? :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Teresaann24, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    today is only day 19 going on day 20 after 12:00 I have pips and I can hear chirping...I keep running to the incubator looking for more pips its driving me mad..LOL

Who is waiting? Lets keep each other from running to the incubator every 5 mins looking for more pips..LOL

2. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Lol. The eggs I set arent hatching till the 2nd week of Febuary but when I lockdown a bator I do the exact same thing & worse lol. I actually get so stressed the muscles in my neck tighten and knot up real bad and man it HURTS lol.

3. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    oh man that has to be bad!! I swear I always tell myself every hatch why do I keep doing myself like this..LOL I alway say everytime I am not going to run back and forth me pressing my nose aganist the windows is not gonna make them hatch any faster.

4. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I've got a silkie sitting on some eggs. Started out with 6 and now down to 4. The other day she was "missing' 2 of the eggs and they were lukewarm when I shoved them back under her. She's in a nice cage in the basement and I'm on Day 15. Its driving me crazy that I still have a week left to wait....and don't even know if the ones she has are ok.[​IMG]
    They are green eggs so I can't even candle!

5. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    If the eggs are green shine your candling light directly on top of the egg. If you still cant see anything move the light around until you can finally see somethin. Just make sure the light is mainly on the aircell at all times. Hope this helps [​IMG]

6. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Thanks wolf queen. I've tried to candle them several times, and still can't see. I've been having such a stressful time with the whole broody setting, then not, then having unfertile eggs, then her not eating or pooing....I've decided to just grind my teeth while I sleep and hope for the best come next week. At least I know that these eggs were for sure fertile when I gave them to her. She's been setting now for over 21 days in total, just not on the same batch of eggs.

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Don't have any fingernails left to bite here. After my broody hatched hers out this morning and now with the bator babies pipping, I'm looking at the dogs nails for something to chew on. [​IMG]

8. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    [​IMG]

Gritsar...you are too funny. Try yer toenails!

9. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Mine start hatching Tomorrow, Day 21. I will wait with you........... but I don't do the Fingernail biting or pacing the floor anymore.

AL

10. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    I'm locked down today but I think the 'bator has been running a whisker hot so I won't be surprised if I have babies a day earlier than expected.

Good luck with your hatches everyone. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by