Who wants to help me gather info for the site?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CarriBrown, Apr 20, 2008.

1. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Hi everyone-

I'm working on gathering health information to put on the site, but would like to know if anyone out there can help me out.
    Here's the plan: I'd like to have the Animal Health Branch information for every state, along with any backyard poultry services the states provide (ie. necropies, fecal floats, etc). Please take a look at the link in my signature line for an example.
    My goal is to have a page like that for every state, making it easy for someone to find the information they need quickly in case they find a dead or dying bird in their flock.
    Here is what I would need from the people who volunteer to help me-
    * Select a state, area or states that you would like to research, and let me know what that state, area or state is.
    * Publish all information you find by creating a BYC personal page.

I will create a page that will link all of the pages, by state and area, in an orderly fashion. That way, when a member has questions re. necropies, state vets, etc., we will have one link to a main page, making it easy for someone to find the info they need ASAP.

If you have any questions, need help creating a personal page, or need help getting started, shoot me a PM.
    If you'd like to get started on a state or area, post it here!

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hey, Carri, congrats on your promotion! I found that some of the numbers they have online are not in service, though, for Ga, can you believe it? You need info fast and they aren't even current on their phone numbers. rooster-red, you'd be perfect for Georgia! [​IMG]

(I think, LOL [​IMG] ...referring to Carri's new title, that is...)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  3. CarriBrown

Nobody? Come on, now!

Cyn, I think you'd be PERFECT for Ga. [​IMG]

4. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Hey Carri, I'll pitch in for Maryland. I just went through the testing to obtain all of the necessary paperwork/permits to sell hatching eggs and birds and obtain NPIP status...wow was it confusing--even though the actual forms and testing are very simple!! So I have some contact information and should be able to dig up the rest (or get it from the people I've already been in contact with at the MD Dep't. of Ag). Bear with me, though, I've got a 10-month old son who keeps me mighty occupied!! [​IMG] Might take me a a bit of time to get a personal page up...

5. CarriBrown

Quote:Great!

I see Cyn ran off... I guess she's not doing Ga. [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG]

7. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    I'll put one together for Tennessee. [​IMG]

Dawn

8. RoostersCrow

RoostersCrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Thank you Crunchie! You saved me from having to get behind that 8 ball!

[​IMG] for You!

9. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    [​IMG] Don't do the happy chicken dance yet, wait 'till I get the page up!! Seriously though, it's coming. I have the basic info, I can always add more later.

So....anyone else?? There's a lot of states between California and Maryland!! [​IMG]

10. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Carrie,

What an excellent idea! It's also a big project.... glad you've already covered the bases for California. [​IMG]

Carla

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by