Who wants to play "guess the gender?"

Suburban Sprouts

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I have 5 chicks - approximately 4 weeks old. I'm pretty sure I know the gender of several of them, but there are a couple mysteries.

Chick #1 - Black Copper Marans, I'm confident it's a girl:

Chick #2 - Easter Egger, Maybe a boy?

Chick #3 - Easter Egger, My guess = girl

Chick #4 - Golden Lakenvelder, Boy fo' sho

Chick #5 - Easter Egger, No clue

So, what do you guys think? Am I on the right track with chicks 1-4? Do you have any ideas about the 5th one?

I would guess all are girls except 4. In another 2-4 weeks I could be more positive. Nice looking babies!

2, 4, and 5 look like cockerels but they are to young wait at least another 2 weeks (6 weeks of age) then repost pics

Last edited:
im guessing that 1,2,3,and 5 are girls and #4 was deffinetly a boy! Very beautiful chicks you have here!
lol.png

Thanks, everyone. I do have one other follow-up question for any of the more experienced chick-raisers: Of the five chicks, the Black Copper Marans and the dark brown EE feathered in the fastest, while the other three have been slower to feather-in. I know that often times the males feather in slower, so I'm wondering if this means there is a STRONG chance that the other two EEs are boys or if that is just a "sometimes" rule and there might still be a good chance one or both of them could be girls?

Back
Top Bottom